About Me

Australia
I'm a Mum who has struggled with weight since having my daughter 24 years ago. Forever trying to find that one thing that helps to make weight loss easier.
Mind Power Series

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Too Much TV Can Send Your Child Mad.

Well, what do you know, the researchers have come up with this crazy notion that too much tv
is bad for your child. (Really).

Most parents know this, why tell us something that we have known for years.

But really, come on, how much tv did we all watch when we were kids? I remember watching a fair bit and so did my brothers and it never did us any harm. We all played a lot of sport and kept active but we watched our fair bit of television and I can honestly say that we are not all psychologically scarred from it.

I do believe that tv can be educational and can be calming and relaxing for some children, depending on the program.
But the programs have changed a lot over the times and can be a lot more real these days compared to our day.

Computer screens I believe are much more of a problem. Children sit and watch this screen so much closer than a tv screen and can sit on it for hours talking on chat sites and playing games. I don't think that they understand that there is a real world out there to explore. Communicating face to face with others becomes harder as they rely on technology more and more.

We as parents know how much time is too much for our own children.
Monitoring our children is something that I am sure we all do effectively. It's an instinct knowing what is best for your child.

No comments:

Post a Comment