About Me

Australia
I'm a Mum who has struggled with weight since having my daughter 24 years ago. Forever trying to find that one thing that helps to make weight loss easier.
Mind Power Series

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Aunty To The Rescue

I have to tell you what a great morning I have had.
I was invited to my little niece's(4yrs) kindergarten for grandparents day. Yes, I know, I was second in line.
Both her grandparents are a way on holidays, so I got to fill in, under sufferance. (Not Likely)

It was great. I arrived to pick her up and here she was standing at the door waiting with her bag. How does that make me feel - extremely happy.

When we arrived at kinder, she showed me a picture that she had drawn of myself. Absolutely beautiful. She had drawn glasses on me and I don't even wear them but apart from that it was a very good likeness.

We played with some playdough and read stories, used hammers and tacks to put shapes on to some corkboard.
We had to sit on the mat and sing songs and dance a little. She had made a small present for me and it is proudly now sitting on my fridge.

It was a joy to see all the children beaming when they had to introduce their grandparents or special friend.
The love that shown in their eyes and in their grandparents was truely unforgettable.

If you ever get the chance to spend time with your grandchildren or any other child, take it because they can grow up so quickly.

As we get older time becomes precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment