About Me

Australia
I'm a Mum who has struggled with weight since having my daughter 24 years ago. Forever trying to find that one thing that helps to make weight loss easier.
Mind Power Series

Monday, June 20, 2011

Surrogacy, Production Gone Mad

Take a look at this program about surrogacy http://www.abc.net.au/compass/s3233604.htm .

I know there are a lot of people out there that cannot have children, I was one of them, although blessed with a child now, I found this program a little disturbing.
It was like a production line, surrogant mothers lining up to be implanted because they wanted a better life, you cannot begrudge them of that.

A lot of these women were very poor and this was a way to get a better home, food for their children. I can understand why they choose to be a surrogant mother although I feel some are pushed into it by their husbands.
You could see it in their eyes that they were concerned about how the baby was after the birth and that letting go was difficult.
I truly wonder what these women will be like in another 10 years or so, emotionally. I am not sure that they understand what the full effects will be.

The thing that gets me is that if these people want to be parents so bad and want to pay, why not adopt. There are so many children in the world who have nobody, nobody to love them or to feed them. The world is already over populated and creating babies in a farm type way is wrong.

Do these couples really know or even care how it can effect these surrogant mothers.

Just my opinion, let me know what you think.

























No comments:

Post a Comment