About Me

Australia
I'm a Mum who has struggled with weight since having my daughter 24 years ago. Forever trying to find that one thing that helps to make weight loss easier.
Mind Power Series

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Kids and Bad Sports

The Games have come and gone and it wasn't quite as bad as I thought. I totally nailed him in the basketball shooting range, 3 point thingy. He totally cleaned me up with 3-on-3 doing slam dunks all the time. I did not have a hope in hell of getting near him.
Wakeboarding was my specialty. I totally whipped his butt and man did he get angry. Now my nephew does not like to loose, if he is losing he will reset the game.
He did this once when I was beating him and I snapped, I clipped him across the ears and said "don't cheat."
He didn't do it again. But I totally think it is a bad thing for kids not to realise that losing is not a part of sport or playing in general. (Did you understand that, you know what I mean.)

Some times you win, sometimes you lose, that is part of life. You can't go through life and expect to be the winner all the time, it would be nice, but not always possible.
Children begin to dislike others who are cheats and finally will not play with that child.
This carries into adulthood and people who cheat don't get very far at all.

So all in all the games went well but he still reckons he is going to practise his basketball so he can beat me.
(Fair and square, I hope).

No comments:

Post a Comment